What’s the value of a microphone in your hand?Posted: June 16, 2011
What’s the value of a microphone in your hand?
Any man with a microphone may tell you, it’s not about the conversation but about the content, not just about talk, but the topic. Every speech should both be sweet and sensible.
History is filled with great speakers from Churchill to Obama. Those men with their words have carved a new path of inspiration for many, but their road wasn’t all paved with roses, they worked to raise their wisdom, ways and winning elocution. They improved their speaking skills with each passing day.
I have noticed that good speakers may have at one time or the other done the following;
1. They write notes, although they may not always use them visibly in their speech.
2. They know how to tell a story.
3. They use Valuable Repetition.
4. Have Passion
5. Have no long pauses in their speech
6. Use no pause fillers or they utilized useful ones.
Have you consciously worked to make your speaking less boring? If we gave you a microphone now, would your listeners be happy that we did? Or if we gave you a microphone would you change one soul and then go to inspire the World?